YOU KNOW YOU’RE LIVING IN THE 21ST CENTURY WHEN:
1. Your reason for not staying in touch with family is because they do not have e-mail addresses.
2. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
3. You text your son to let him know it’s time to eat. He e-mails you back from his bedroom, “What’s for dinner?”
4. Your daughter sells Girl Scout Cookies via her web site.
5. You chat several times a day with a stranger from South Africa, but you haven’t spoken with your next door neighbor yet this year.
6. Your grandmother asks you to send her a JPEG file of your newborn so she can create a screen saver.
7. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.
8. Every commercial on television has a facebook address at the bottom of the screen.
9. You buy a computer and 3 months later it is out of date and now sells for half the price you paid.
10. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn’t have the first 20 or 30 years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go get it.
11. Using real money, instead of credit or debit, to make a purchase would be a hassle and takes planning.
12. You just tried to enter your password on the microwave.
13. You hear most of your jokes via e-mail instead of in person.
14. You get an extra phone line so you can get phone calls.
15. You disconnect from the Internet and get this awful feeling, as if you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
16. You get up in morning and check your email on your mobile phone before getting out of bed.
17. You wake up at 2 AM to go to the bathroom and check your facebook page on your way back to bed.
18. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
19. You’re reading this.
20. Even worse; you’re going to forward it to someone else.